Mushroom Crusted Filet Of Flounder
- 12 ounces fresh white mushrooms divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/4 cup diced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper divided
- 4 fresh flounder filets - (6 oz ea)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Oil a small shallow baking pan; set aside. Slice 4 ounces of mushrooms (makes about 1 1/4 cups); set aside.
In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal wing blade place remaining 8 ounces of mushrooms (about 2 1/2 cups); process until a coarse puree is formed; set aside.
In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil until hot. Add reserved mushroom puree; cook, stirring constantly, until puree is nearly dry, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low; add shallots and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is dry and shallots are tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl; refrigerate to cool to room temperature.
Wipe out skillet; over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil until hot. Add reserved sliced mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are golden, about 5 minutes; set aside.
To cooled mushroom puree stir in bread crumbs, chives, 3/4 teaspoon of the salt, 1/8 teaspoon of the black pepper and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil; set aside.
Season flounder filets with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Place darker side of filet down on prepared pan; press bread crumb mixture over filets; dividing evenly. Arrange sliced mushrooms over bread crumbs pressing lightly. Bake until fish flakes with a fork, about 6 minutes. Serve with a Mushroom Essence Sauce, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (469 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Garlic Shrimp 4.5/5 (182 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (143 Votes)