Roasted Corn Salsa
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 whole Jalapeno, Seeded And Diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 4 ears Corn, Roasted With Kernels Cut Off The Cob (I Used A Mix Of Yellow And White)
- 1 whole Purple Onion, Diced
- 1 cup Cilantro, Roughly Chopped
- 1 whole Lime, Juiced
- 1/2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoons Black Pepper
Adapted from tastykitchen.com
Roasted corn pairs so well with purple onions, jalapenos and fresh cilantro. This is perfect over burgers, chicken, or alongside steaks. It also it great with good old tortilla chips and a cold beverage.
Place a medium sized bowl in the freezer to chill for a few minutes.
In a small skillet over medium heat add oil, jalapeno and garlic. Let the mixture bloom for 2-3 minutes. Spoon into the chilled bowl.
Add in corn kernels, onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Give it a good toss. Season it more to taste.
Let it chill 1 hour before serving. Serve with blue corn tortilla chips, or top chicken, burgers, or steak with this yummy mix.