Amaretto Apple Crisp
- 1/3 cup Amaretto
- 1/2 vanilla bean, scraped
- 7 cups peeled and sliced Granny Smith apples (about 3lbs)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup vanilla sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup (4 Tablespoons) chilled unsalted butter, cut in small pieces
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Adapted from poetinthepantry.com
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease an 8″x8″ baking dish and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine amaretto and vanilla bean scrapings. Set aside while you peel and slice your apples (using an apple-peeler-corer-slicer will save you a lot of time here, if you have access to one).
Add the apples to the bowl and stir, covering the slices with the amaretto/vanilla bean mixture. Set aside.
Combine flour and sugars in a medium mixing bowl.
Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is crumbly.
Add almonds, mixing well.
Spoon apple mixture into the prepared 8″x8″ baking dish and sprinkle the crumb mixture over the top.
Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve warm or cold, with ice cream or without. It’s even great from the refrigerator as leftovers (and can be reheated in the microwave in 30 seconds or so).
You'll also love
- Mini Apple Crostatas 4.4/5 (32 Votes)