Kaleidoscope Mushroom Salad
- BASIL VINAIGRETTE:
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbled
- 20 ounces fresh white mushrooms sliced
- Basil Vinaigrette (listed below)
- 8 ounces snow peas cut diagonally
- into 1/4" strips
- 1 cup coarsley-chopped watercress
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cup diced pimientos
- Radicchio lettuce
- Belgian endive
- Romain lettuce (inner leaves)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon pepper or ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
In a large bowl marinate mushrooms in Basil Vinaigrette for 30 minutes. Add snow peas, watercress, red onion, corn and pimientos; toss gently; if desired, remove a few mushrooms for garnish.
For each serving, in the center of a plate, make a cup using about 3 radicchio leaves. Alternately place endive and Romaine lettuce leaves, radiating from the cup. Fill cup with mushroom-vegetable mixture. Top with blue cheese and garnish plate with reserved sliced mushrooms.
Serve as an appetizer or main dish.
Basil Vinaigrette: In a small bowl combine basil, mustard, seasoned salt, lemon pepper, oil, vinegar and lemon juice. Stir just before using.
This recipe yields 8 servings.