Hot Portabella Caesar Salad
- 6 cups bite-size romaine lettuce - (lightly packed)
- 2/3 cup packaged Italian-flavored croutons
- 4 medium portabella mushroom caps - (abt 4 oz ea)
- 1/3 cup prepared Caesar salad dressing
- 1/3 cup granted Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Preheat broiler. Divide romaine equally on four plates; top with croutons. Brush mushroom caps with dressing.
On a broiler pan arrange mushrooms, stem-side up. Broil until tender and starting to brown, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Sprinkle tops of mushroom with cheese. Return to broiler just until cheese melts, about 30 seconds.
Cut mushroom caps in 1/2-inch slices; fan one sliced mushroom on each salad. Pass additional dressing, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.