Hoisin-Glazed Chicken Stuffed With Mushrooms
- ASIAN SPICE RUB:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 pound medium-sized fresh white mushrooms quartered
- 1 1/2 cups diced red and/or yellow bell pepper
- 1/3 cup Asian Spice Rub (listed below)
- 3 1/2 pound chicken
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh jalapeño pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onion; cook and stir until softened, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and bell pepper; cook and stir just until mushrooms begin to release their liquid, about 5 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the Asian Spice Rub; set aside.
Gently rub the remaining spice rub under chicken's skin over the breast portion. Spoon about 2 1/2 cups of the mushroom mixture into the chicken's cavity. Spoon remaining mushroom mixture into an 8-inch baking pan; set aside.
Roast chicken in a lightly oiled roasting pan for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 300 degrees. Mix hoisin sauce and vinegar; brush over chicken.
Place pan with mushrooms in oven. Roast chicken and mushrooms until chicken is cooked through and mushrooms are tender,about 20 minutes. Let chicken stand 10 mintues before carving.
Asian Spice Rub: In a small bowl, combine all ingredients.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Herb Roasted Mushrooms, Chicken... 0/5 (0 Votes)