Hoisin-Flavored Mushrooms And Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 1/3 cups orzo (rice-shaped pasta) uncooked
- 2 cans ready-to-serve chicken broth - (13 3/4 oz)
- 1/4 cup Hoisin sauce
- 1 pinch ground red pepper
- 12 ounces shrimp cleaned, deveined, and cooked
- 1/2 cup green onions (scallions) in 1" pieces
In a large saucepan heat oil until hot; add mushrooms, ginger and garlic. Cook until mushrooms release their liquid, about 5 minutes. Stir in pasta, chicken broth, hoisin sauce and red pepper; bring to a boil. Simmer covered, stirring occasionally, until orzo is firm-tender and some liquid remains, about 10 minutes. Stir in shrimp and green onions; cook until shrimp are heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
This recipe yields 4 servings.