Oatmeal sandwich cookies
- 1 cup white whole- wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 12 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. pumpkin- pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup regular rolled oats
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots (2 medium)
- 6 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt: set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the oil, sugars, egg, flour mixture, oats and carrots.
4. Drop dough by slightly rounded tbsps. 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake each sheet for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies begin to brown. Let stand 1 minute on cookie sheet, then remove and let cool on a wire rack.
5. For filling, in a small bowl mix cream cheese and maple syrup. Spread 1 tbsp. filing on the flat side of half of the cookies. Top with remaining cookies to make sandwiches. Wrap and chill up to 3 days.