Fresh Mushroom, Onion And Walnut Stuffing
- 1 1/4 pound fresh white or crimini (brown) mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 cup coarsely-chopped onions
- 1 package herb-seasoned stuffing mix - (abt 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup coarsely-chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped sweet red bell pepper
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Trim and slice mushrooms.
In a large skillet, over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Add onions; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Spoon into large bowl.
Melt another tablespoon of the butter in the same skillet. Add half of the prepared mushrooms; cook and stir until golden, about 5 minutes; remove to the bowl with the onions. Repeat with remaining butter and mushrooms.
Add 2 cups water to skillet; stir to loosen browned bits; pour into mushroom mixture. Sitr in stuffing mix, walnuts, pepper, and salt to taste. Spoon into shallow 2- to 3-quart casserole. Bake until hot and crisp on top, about 45 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- French Onion Soup 4.5/5 (154 Votes)
- Cheese & Onion Enchiladas with... 4.5/5 (101 Votes)
- French Onion Supper Soup 4.4/5 (105 Votes)