Fresh Mushroom Salsa
- 2 medium fresh tomatoes
- 8 ounces fresh white mushrooms chopped
- 1 cup chopped sweet bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (scallions)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Core tomatoes and cut in halves; gently squeeze out juice and seeds; coarsely chop 1 tomato (makes about 1 cup); set aside. Cut remaining tomato in large chunks; puree in a food processor until smooth. Pour into a large bowl along with the tomato, mushrooms, red pepper and green onions.
In a small bowl combine lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, jalapeño pepper and salt; pour over mushroom mixture; toss gently. Serve with tortilla chips, red and green bell pepper wedges, cucumber slices, etc.
This recipe yields 12 servings.
You'll also love
- The Mushroom Cocktail 0/5 (0 Votes)