Fish Filets With Mushrooms, Tomatoes And Couscous
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms sliced
- 6 green onions (scallions) thinly sliced
- 2 large plum tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup homemade or bottled salad dressing
- 1/2 cup couscous uncooked
- 4 boneless fish fillets - (6 oz ea) (such as red snapper, sole, flounder)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
Preheat outdoor grill or oven to 425 degrees. Place mushrooms in a medium bowl. Add green onions, tomatoes and dressing; toss until well coated; set aside.
On a work surface place 4 sheets (each about 20 inches long) of heavy duty or doubled aluminum foil. In the center of each piece place 2 tablespoons couscous. Top each with a fish filet; lightly sprinkle each fillet with salt and pepper, and top with mushroom mixture, dividing evenly.
Bring long sides of foil together over mixture, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion; fold to seal. Fold up short ends; crimp to seal. Place on prepared outdoor grill or in oven, about 5 inches from heat source. Cook until fish flakes easily with fork (on grill for about 15 minutes, turning once, or in the oven for about 20 minutes). Remove; let stand for 5 minutes.
Place each packet in individual shallow serving bowls or dinner plates; carefully unfold foil. Serve, sprinkled with chopped parsley, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Feta-Scallion Couscous Cakes With... 4.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Pomegranate Israeli Couscous 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- The Mushroom Cocktail 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Deviled Crab Stuffed Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mushroom And Spinach Polenta Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ling Cod With Matsutakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fettuccine With Morels, Asparagus,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garfish Mississippi 3.5/5 (2 Votes)