Orange Cream Cupcakes
- 1 16.5 oz white cake mix
- 1 3.4 oz pkg instant vanilla pudding
- 6 Tb orange jello powder save 1 TB for frosting
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup orange soda room temperature
- 1 8 oz cube of cream cheese softened
- 1 cube (1/2 cup) salted butter softened
- 1/2 tsp orange extract
- 3 cup powdered sugar
Adapted from iheartnaptime.net
Preheat oven to 350. Combine cake mix, vanilla pudding and 5 Tb of jello in a large bowl. Beat in egg whites, vegetable oil and orange soda. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Place batter in cupcake liners and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove the cupcakes from the pan and allow to cool.
For frosting combine cream cheese and butter in a large bowl. With a mixer beat until smooth. Add jello, orange extract and powdered sugar. Mix until fluffy.
Frost cupcakes and enjoy!