Chow Chi Pan-Fried
- 2 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups slivered cooked chicken
- 2 cups slivered cooked pork
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 head Chinese cabbage sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
If using fresh mushrooms, use 1/2 pound. Slice chicken and pork in thin strips, 1/4- to 1/2-inch wide, in Chinese style. Soak in soy sauce 30 to 40 minutes. Remove chicken and pork from sauce and set aside. (Save sauce).
Melt butter in 9-inch skillet. Add mushrooms, chicken and pork. Saute 3 to 5 minutes. Add Chinese cabbage. Cook until barely wilted, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Add bean sprouts, ginger and black pepper. Blend reserved soy sauce with cornstarch and pour over all. Heat thoroughly or until sauce is slightly thick.
This recipe yields 6 servings.