Chicken With Mushrooms Mediterranean
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms
- 3 pounds chicken parts
- 1/3 cup thinly-sliced scallions (green onions)
- 1 can tomatoes - (8 oz) broken up
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced proscuitto cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine divided
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves crushed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Rinse, pat dry and slice fresh mushrooms (makes about 5 1/2 cups) and set aside.
In a large skillet heat oil until hot. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time; brown, about 5 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside.
In the same skillet melt 3 tablespoons of the butter. Add reserved mushrooms; saute for 3 minutes; remove and set aside.
In the same skillet melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Add scallions, garlic; saute for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, wine, salt, oregano and black pepper; stir to loosen browned particles.
Return chicken to skillet; bring to the boiling point. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until chicken is fork-tender, about 30 minutes. Stir in parsley and reserved mushrooms; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Spoon onto a heated platter; garnish with ham. Serve with noodles, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Chicken And Mushrooms Alla Cortina 0/5 (0 Votes)