Caribbean Shrimp And Mushroom Packets
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup couscous uncooked
- 1 cup thinly-sliced onion
- 1 cup chopped sweet red bell pepper
- 1 pound extra-large shrimp peeled, divided
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons butter - (1/2 stick)
- 2 teaspoons Caribbean or Jamaican jerk seasoning*
- 1 teaspoon finely-minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ears corn husked, halved
* Jerk seasoning is available in most supermarket spice sections. If unavailable, substitute 1 teaspoon sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon each thyme, allspice and ground red pepper.
Preheat outdoor grill or oven to 425 degrees. On a work surface place 4 sheets (each about 20 inches long) of heavy duty or doubled aluminum foil.
In the center of each piece of foil arrange a generous 1/2 cup mushrooms, overlapping slightly; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons couscous. Top each with onion, red bell pepper, shrimp and wine, dividing evenly. Dot each with 1 tablespoon butter; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon jerk seasoning blend and 1/4 teaspoon garlic. Sprinkle an equal amount of salt over each portion. Arrange remaining mushrooms over shrimp, overlapping slightly; place 1/2 an ear of corn on the side.
Bring long sides of foil together over mixture, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion; fold to seal. Fold up short ends; crimp to seal. Place on outdoor grill or in oven, about 5 inches from heat. Cook until shrimp are done (on the grill for about 15 minutes, turning once, or in the oven for about 20 minutes).
Place in individual shallow serving bowls; carefully unfold foil; serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.