Bella Portabella Sandwiches
- 4 medium portabella mushrooms - (abt 4 oz ea) stems removed
- 5 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 6 ounces feta cheese
- 2 medium garlic cloves minced
- 6 ounces sun-dried tomatoes in oil drained, and coarsely chopped - (abt 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves - (lightly packed)
- 8 slices good-quality white bread toasted
- 4 cups trimmed spinach leaves stems removed
In a 12-inch skillet (preferably nonstick), over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add caps, smooth-side up; cover and cook until caps look moist, about 8 minutes. Turn caps; cover and cook until browned and tender, about 7 minutes; drain on paper towels.
Meanwhile, in a food processor container, combine feta and garlic; pulse 2 or 3 times, until chopped. Add tomatoes, basil and the remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil; pulse just until mixture is spreadable but a bit chunky.
Spread mixture on bread slices, dividing evenly. Arrange spinach leaves and mushroom caps on 4 of the bread slices; top with remaining bread. To serve, cut sandwiches in halves.
This recipe yields 4 servings.