Super Simple Strawberry Buttercream
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature (2 sticks)
- 1 cup vegetable shortening (8 ounces by weight)
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 pounds confectioner's sugar (~8 cups)
- 6 tablespoons of Nesquik Strawberry Syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons of milk (or more as needed)
Cream together the butter and shortening until smooth.
Add vanilla and mix.
Slowly add in the confectioner's sugar.
When it starts to get thick or hard to mix, go ahead and mix in the strawberry syrup and milk.
If it's still too thick for spreading or decorating, add more milk as needed to reach the desired consistency.