Tuscan Steak With Mushrooms
- 3/4 teaspoon salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 NY strips or club steaks, abt 1" thick - (6 to 8 oz ea)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 1 pound sliced white mushrooms (or mixed mushrooms such as white, crimini and shiitake)
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced green onions (scallions)
- 4 lemon wedges
Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper over both sides of steaks. In a large heavy skillet, over medium heat, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons of the oil. Add mushrooms; cook and stir just until gold, about 6 minutes. Remove to a bowl along with any juices in the pan.
In the same skillet, heat the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons of the oil. Add steaks; cook to desired doneness, 5 to 6 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Remove to 4 dinner plates.
Return mushrooms and any liquid in the bowl to the skillet along with the green onions and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook until mushroom mixture is hot, stirring to incorporate any browned-on bits from the pan. Spoon mushroom mixture over steaks; serve with lemon wedges.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- The Mushroom Cocktail 0/5 (0 Votes)