These crunchy, bite-sized morsels are filled with a flavorful tomato mixture that is sure to be the star of your next appetizer table. Creamy mozzarella and rich bacon contrast their flavors for an exciting explosion of deliciousness dancing on your tongue. Tomato Canapés will quickly become a new favorite snack to munch on at your next holiday party or gathering of loved ones.
- THE LADY'S HOUSE SEASONING:
- 3/4 cup tomatoes, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons onions, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon The Lady's House Seasoning, recipe follows
- 1 package mini phyllo shells, about 15 shells
- 1/2 cup packed shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons real bacon pieces or more as needed to taste
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Place the diced tomatoes in a colander. Sprinkle with the onions, basil, and The Lady's House Seasoning, and toss to coat. Allow to drain, stirring occasionally.
Fill each phyllo shell with a scant tablespoon of the tomato mixture. Stir together the mozzarella and mayonnaise. Frost the top of each shell with a scant tablespoon of the mozzarella mixture. Sprinkle each shell with 1/4 teaspoon of bacon pieces. Bake the filled shells for 10 to 12 minutes. Serve hot.
You'll also love
- Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Bread with... 4/5 (14 Votes)
- Herbed Potato Salad 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Sweet 'n Hot Corn Relish (For... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Lemony Kale Salad with Tomatoes 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Spicy Cherry Tomatoes 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Texas Tarragon Zucchini Quiche 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Olallieberry Jam 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Indian Cauliflower Fritters 4.7/5 (6 Votes)