- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 salmon fillets - (6 oz ea)
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped fresh ginger (or 1 tspn dried ginger)
- 2 teaspoons finely-chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 3 ounces snow peas
If using shiitakes, remove and discard stems. If using whites or cremini, stems may be sliced along with caps. Slice mushrooms (makes about 3 1/2 cups); set aside.
In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Add salmon (do not crowd pan); cook, turning once until center is almost opaque, about 6 minutes; remove and keep warm.
To skillet, add ginger, garlic, teriyaki sauce, the reserved mushrooms and 1/2 cup water; simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 4 minutes. Add snow peas; cook until barely tender, about 2 minutes.
Serve salmon on a bed of rice, topped with shiitake sauce. If desired, serve with steamed rice and garnish with thinly slivered green onion tops.
This recipe yields 4 servings.