Penne With Tomato And Fresh Mushroom Sauce
- 1 jar tomato-based pasta sauce - (14 oz)
- 12 ounces fresh white mushrooms halved
- 8 oucnes penne or ziti pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, bring pasta sauce and mushrooms to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer to blend flavors, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions. Stir basil and Parmesan cheese into sauce. Drain pasta. Spoon sauce over pasta. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 3 servings.