Broccoli Casserole - Zesty
- 3 10 oz pkgs frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 c 2% milk
- 2 1/2 T all purpose flour
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t fresh ground pepper
- 3 oz shredded sharp cheddar
- 1/2 c light cream cheese, softened
- 1 c light mayo
- 3/4 c chopped onion
- 8 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 3/4 c panko bread crumbs
- 2 T butter melted
- 8 oz water chestnuts, rinsed, drained & sliced to replace baby Bella's (optional)
Sauté onion & mushrooms. Preheat oven to 375. Arrange broccoli in even layer in 11x7 baking dish coated with cooking spray; set aside.
Combine milk, flour, salt & pepper in lg pan over med high heat; bring to boil. Cook 1 min until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add cheddar & cream cheeses. Stir until smooth. Stir in mayo, onion & mushroom (or water chestnut) mixture. Spoon cheese mixture evenly over broccoli.
Place panko in sm bowl. Drizzle with butter & toss. Sprinkle bread crumb mixture evenly over cheese mixture. Lightly spray bread crumb layer with cooking spray. Bake 375 for 25 min until bubbly & browned.