Penne With Mushroom Gorgonzola Sauce
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms quartered
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun dried tomatoes drained, sliced thin
- 4 ounces gorgonzola cheese crumbled (or other blue-veined cheese)
- 3 cups sliced zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 package cream cheese - (3 oz) diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain and rinse under warm water; set aside in a large bowl covered, to keep warm.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet over high heat, heat oil until hot. Add mushroom and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are golden and most of the liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Add zucchini and tomoatoes; cook, stirring occasionally, until squash is tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
Add to reserved pasta along with gorgonzola, cream cheese, salt and pepper. Toss to melt cheese and coat pasta. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 6 servings.