Pasta With White Beans And Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms halved or quartered
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can white kidney beans - (19 oz) rinsed
- 1 can ready-to-serve chicken broth - (13 3/4 oz)
- 8 ounces smoked ham diced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cups uncooked wagon wheel pasta - (8 oz)
- 1 cup diced tomato
In a heavy saucepot heat oil until hot. Add mushrooms, onion, carrots and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add beans, chicken broth, ham and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook pasta; drain; transfer to a large serving bowl. Stir tomato into saucepot; cook until heated through, about 2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, if desired. Spoon over pasta. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh parsely, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.