Tortellini with Garlic Sage Butter Sauce
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 pound fresh or frozen meat-filled tortellini
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
In a medium frying pan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally and mashing the garlic with the back of a wooden spoon, until it is soft and golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in the sage, salt, and pepper.
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the tortellini until just done, about 4 minutes for fresh and 12 minutes for frozen. Drain the pasta and return to the pot.
Add the butter and parsley and toss over low heat until the pasta is thoroughly coated with the butter, about 1 minute.
• Ravioli with Garlic Sage Butter Sauce Feel free to use ravioli, or any other small stuffed pasta, instead of the tortellini.
• Cheese Tortellini with Garlic Sage Butter Sauce If you prefer another stuffing, such as cheese or mushroom, by all means try it.
• Tortellini with Garlic and Fresh-Sage Butter Sauce Substitute 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh sage for the dried. Sauté until crisp but not brown, about 1 minute.
You'll also love
- Hearty Beef & Bean Chili (Slow... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cucumber Crab Cocktail 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Deep Dish Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Skinny Shrimp Alfredo Pasta Bake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- LINGUINE WITH GRILLED SHRIMP AND... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vegetable-and-Ravioli Lasagna 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheese Tortellini with Walnut Pesto 0/5 (0 Votes)
- SPINACH AND TORTELLINI SALAD 0/5 (0 Votes)