Ultimate Party Crab Bites
- 2 cups breadcrumbs (plus another cup for coating finished balls)
- 16 oz crabmeat
- 8 oz Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- A few cranks of fresh ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
1.In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients (except 1 cup of reserved breadcrumbs). Scoop and form into bite sized balls. Roll balls in breadcrumbs. Place on a large platter and chill for a half of an hour.
2.Heat 1" of oil in a large frying pan until a deep fry thermometer registers at 350º. Fry the crab bites until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and place on a cookie sheet in a 200º oven to keep them warm while you fry the rest of them up.
3.Serve with cocktail sauce, tartar sauce and lemon wedges.