Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) & 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, (optional)
- 3 cups Quaker oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup raisins
Heat oven to 350 degrees
In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy.
Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt: mix well
Add oats, mix well
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets, remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly