Easy as Apple Pie
- 1 package (16 ounces) refrigerated piecrust (2 crusts)
- 6 cups peeled, cored and sliced apples
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple-pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk or cream
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1) Preheat oven to 425°F. Fit 1 pie crust into a 9 inch pie dish.
2) Mix apples, 3/4 cup sugar, flour, apple-pie spice and salt in large mixing bowl until apples
3) Turn apple mixture into pastry-lined pie dish; spread evenly. Scatter butter pieces over top of mixture.
4) Fit top crust over apple mixture. Wrap excess top crust under bottom crust around edges. Press edges together to seal; flute.
5) Brush top crust with milk. Make slits in top crust with knife to create steam vents. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake pie until golden, 40-45 minutes.
If apple-pie spice is not available, you can use 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice and 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves.