Mushroom Strudel III
- CREOLE SAUCE:
- 3 pounds fresh white button mushrooms
- 1/2 pound fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 pound smoked sausage
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons shallots minced
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons thinly-sliced fresh basil
- 6 filo leaves
- 3 ounces olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 green pepper
- 1 bunch parsley
- 2 tablespoons shallots
- 2 tablespoons olive
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 4 plum tomatoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- Worcestershire sauce to taste
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 green onions finely chopped
Remove skin from sausage. Chop coarse; render fat. Reserve meat. In same pan, saute mushrooms, garlic, shallots. Season; fold in onions and basil. Set aside to cool with reserved sausage. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
To assemble strudle: Lay out 2 filo leaves; brush lightly with oil. Cover with 2 additional filo leaves; brush lightly with oil. cover with remaining leaves. Spread mushroom mixture evenly over filo; roll up carefully lengthwise, sealing with oil.
Place on parchment lined sheet; bake for 12 to 16 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to rest 2 or 3 minutes before slicing into 1-inch slices. Serve 2 slices per person on a pool of pureed Creole Sauce.
To prepare Creole Sauce: Rough cut onion, celery, green pepper, parsley, and shallots. Saute in 2 tablespoons olive oil with minced garlic until onions are transparent. Deglaze with white wine. Add chopped tomatoes. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes. Season with Creole seasoning, Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Puree in food processor. Strain back into pan; re-season; mount with butter. Fold in chopped green onions.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Mushroom Ratatouille 0/5 (0 Votes)