Mushroom Ragout With Polenta
- 1 package fresh white mushrooms - (10 oz)
- 1 cup thinly-sliced onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 8 slices prepared polenta rounds cut 1/2" thick
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is tender, about 8 minutes.
Add mushrooms, peppers, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in chopped parsley.
Meanwhile, preheat broiler. Place polenta rounds on rack in broiler pan. Broil, 4 inches from source of heat until polenta is golden and heated through.
To serve. Arrange polenta rounds on platter. Spoon some mushroom mixture over each round. Garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Thai Mushroom-Chicken Coconut Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)