Coal Oven Roasted Wings
Makes 5 servings.
Nutrition information per serving: 392 calories, 64% calories from fat, 28 g fat, 7 g saturated fat, 96 mg cholesterol, 3 g carbohydrates, 31 g protein, 96 mg sodium, trace fiber
- Coal oven roasted chicken wings
- Adapted from Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza.
- 5 pounds chicken wings
- 1/4 cup peeled garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Caramelized onions and focaccia bread, for serving
1 Place chicken wings in a large nonreactive bowl or roasting pan. Whisk remaining ingredients together in a small bowl, season with salt, to taste. Pour marinade over wings, tossing to coat. Cover wings and refrigerate for 24 hours. Stir occasionally; do not over-marinate.
2 Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. Place wings in a baking dish, single layer, skin side up. Cook for 25 minutes, turning wings over halfway through cooking process to brown both sides. Serve with onions and focaccia, if desired.