Mushroom Ragout II
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh white mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons oilve oil
- 1 large diced onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rotini pasta uncooked
- 1 can stewed tomatoes - (14 1/2 oz)
- 1 can white beans - (15 to 19 oz) drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Add mushrooms, onions, Italian seasoning and salt; cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare rotini pasta according to package directions; keep warm.
Add stewed tomatoes and white beans to skillet; heat through. Stir in 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Variation: Serve over prepared orzo or polenta, if desired.