Hamburger and Grape Tomato Pizza
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, such as safflower
- All-purpose flour, for work surface
- 1 pound frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 3/4 cup store-bought marinara sauce
- 1 cup grated provolone cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/4 pound ground beef chuck (I cook it in advance)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
1.Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Rub a large rimless baking sheet (or a rimmed one, upside down) with oil.
2.On a lightly floured work surface, use a rolling pin and your hands to roll and stretch dough into a 15-by-11-inch rectangle (if dough becomes too elastic to work with, let it rest a few minutes). Transfer to prepared sheet.
3.Spread sauce evenly over dough, leaving a 1-inch border all around. Top with provolone, tomatoes, and if desired, onion; scatter beef over top. Season with salt and pepper.
4.Bake until crust is golden, beef is cooked, and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately. (I cook the beef ahead and then top pizza with it)