Mushroom Medley With Polenta
- 8 slices ready-to-serve polenta (from a 24-oz refrigerated package)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound fresh mushroom mixture (including small shiitakes, criminis, oysters, and whites)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (or 1/2 tspn dried rosemary)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
Preheat grill or broiler until hot. Lightly brush olive oil on both sides of polenta slices. Place on a grill rack or broiler pan; grill or broil until golden, about 4 minutes, turning once; remove and keep warm.
Trim mushroom stems, and slice mushrooms, if necessary. In a medium skillet, over medium heat, heat remaining oil. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add wine and rosemary; simmer until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper.
Place 2 polenta slices on each plate; top with mushroom mixture, dividing evenly. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Deviled Crab Stuffed Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)