Mushroom Fettucine Florentine
- 12 ounces fettucine pasta uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms thickly sliced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 package frozen creamed spinach - (9 oz) thawed
- 1 cup diced fresh plum tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups diced fontina cheese - (8 oz)
Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions; drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water. Place pasta in a large serving bowl; cover and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil until hot. Add mushrooms, onion, salt and black pepper; cook until mushrooms are golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in creamed spinach and tomatoes; cook until tomatoes are heated through, about 3 minutes. Spoon over reserved pasta. Sprinkle with cheese; toss to coat adding reserved pasta water according to desired consistency. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (687 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Fettuccine Alfredo with Pancetta 4.4/5 (97 Votes)