Quick Potato Corn Chowder
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 oz. each) chicken broth
- 3 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (15-1/4 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup 2% mlk, divided
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Minced fresh parsley
1. In a large saucepan, cook and stir onion in oil over medium heat until tender. Add broth and potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
2. Stir in the corn, 1/2 cup milk, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk flour and remaining milk until smooth. Stir into soup; return to a boil. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.