- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced1 medium eggplant, coarsely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced2 large tomatoes, chopped
Preparation time 27mins
Cooking time 72mins
Adapted from mygreatrecipes.com
1Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
.2Heat remaining olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Sauté garlic in the hot olive oil just until browned.
.3Add the eggplant and parsley to the skillet. Sauté until the eggplant is tender, about 10 minutes.
.4Spoon the eggplant mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle eggplant with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 2 tablespoons Parmesan.
.5Layer with zucchini, onion, mushrooms, bell pepper and tomatoes, sprinkling each layer with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Bake for 45 minutes.