SOUTHWEST STEAK KABOBS
1 Serving (1 Serving)Calories 230
(Calories from Fat 80),
Total Fat 9g
(Saturated Fat 2g,
Total Carbohydrate 13g
(Dietary Fiber 2g,
Percent Daily Value*:Vitamin A 10 %;
Vitamin C 15 %;
Calcium 0 %;
Iron 15 %;
1 Other Carbohydrate;
3 Lean Meat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 ears fresh sweet corn, husks removed, each ear cut into 4 pieces
- 8 pickled sweet red or green cherry peppers
- 1 (1-lb.) boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
1 Heat grill. In small bowl, combine margarine, cilantro, cumin, garlic salt and hot pepper sauce; mix well. Alternately thread corn, peppers and steak onto four 12 to 14-inch metal skewers.
2 When ready to grill, place kabobs on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals. Cook 8 to 12 minutes or until corn is tender and beef is of desired doneness, turning once and brushing frequently with margarine mixture.
To broil kabobs, place on broiler pan; broil 4 to 6 inches from heat using times above as a guide, turning and brushing with margarine mixture as directed.