Mushroom Biscuits II
- 1/2 pound fresh white mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 2/3 cup milk
Rinse, pat dry and coarsely chop mushrooms (makes about 3 cups).
In a medium skillet, heat butter. Add mushrooms and onion; saute until lightly browned about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with thyme and white pepper. Cool slightly.
Blend mushroom mixture into biscuit mix. Add milk and stir until well mixed. Drop by the tablespoonful onto greased cookie sheets 2 inches apart. Bake in a preheated oven (450 degrees) 12 minutes or until nicely browned. Serve with chicken, beef, or fish.
This recipe yields 18 biscuits.
You'll also love
- Deviled Crab Stuffed Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)