Baked Eggplant Parmigiana over Whole-Wheat Noodles
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 45 min
Other time: 0 min
11 points plus
- 2 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
- 1 cup(s) quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/3 cup(s) fat-free skim milk
- 1 1/2 medium eggplant(s), or 1 large, sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 oz uncooked whole-wheat spaghetti
- 28 oz canned diced tomatoes, with green pepper, celery and onion
- 16 oz canned tomato sauce
- 8 oz shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
In a shallow dish, combine oats, garlic powder, oregano and salt. Place milk in a separate shallow dish. Dip eggplant slices into milk and then into oat mixture; press oat mixture onto both sides of eggplant with hands. Place coated eggplant slices on prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with grated topping; lightly spray surface with cooking spray. Place in oven and bake 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions. While spaghetti cooks, in a medium bowl, combine diced tomatoes and tomato sauce; reserve 2/3 cup of sauce mixture and set aside for eggplant. Drain pasta and transfer to a large bowl; toss with sauce and cover spaghetti to keep warm.
Remove eggplant from oven and spoon reserved tomato sauce over top; top with mozzarella cheese. Return eggplant to oven and bake until cheese is browned and bubbly, about 10 to 15 minutes more. (Note: If cheese does not brown, broil for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.)
Place spaghetti on plates or in shallow bowls and arrange eggplant slices over top. Yields about 1 1/4 cup of spaghetti and 2 to 3 baked eggplant slices per serving.
You'll also love
- Giant Kellogg's Raisin Bran Cookies 4/5 (1 Votes)
- COCONUT JEWEL COOKIES 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Shrimp Pasta with Wine Sauce -... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Ravioli with Wild Mushroom... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cucumbers in Vinegar & Oil 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Berries and spinach salad.... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Macau Shrimp And Rice Noodle Soup 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Dumph Noodle 3/5 (2 Votes)