Mushroom And Wine Steak Sauce
- 4 ounces fresh white mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 can condensed beef broth - (10 1/2 oz)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
Rinse, pat dry and slice mushrooms (makes about 1 1/4 cups). In a saucepan melt butter. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic; saute until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in broth, tomato paste and black pepper. Bring to the boiling point. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
Blend cornstarch with water. Mix some of the hot mushroom sauce into cornstarch mixture and return to saucepan; cook and stir until clear and thickened. Stir in wine. Cook until hot. Serve over steak, hamburgers, etc.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Deviled Crab Stuffed Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)