Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- 1 lb. Pasta (your favorite)
- 2 tbsp. Butter, divided
- 12 oz. mushrooms(whatever you like best), coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 oz spinach, fresh
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream (or half-and-half)
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. dried basil
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Cook pasta until al dente
Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add mushrooms and saute until most of the liquid is gone.
Add garlic and spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted.
Reduce heat to medium-low
Add flour and stir until well mixed in.
Slowly add cream.
Once all the cream is added, stir in ricotta.
Add oregano and basil.
Once heated through, add parmesan.
Season with salt and pepper.
Serve over pasta and enjoy!