Lump Crab Salsa
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 medium shallots, very finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove, very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds lump crabmeat, picked over
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup salted roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- Thick-cut potato chips,
In a large bowl, combine the cilantro, shallots, bell pepper, jalapeño, lime zest, lime juice, garlic and olive oil. Fold in the crab and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Let the salsa come to room temperature, then fold in the almonds. Serve with potato chips.
MAKE AHEAD The crab salsa can be refrigerated for up to 4 hours. Fold in the almonds just before serving.