Potato Salad "Buttered" and Lemoned
Recipe adapted from "Canal House Cooking". Recipe was in Detroit Free Press.
- 4 slices good quality bacon
- 2 to 3 lbs potatoes (any variety will do; I used red Bliss potatoes)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup good quality extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Chopped fresh chives or parsley
- Blue cheese, crumbled (optional, about 1/3 cup)
Cook bacon until crisp. Set aside. Put potatoes in large pot of cold water generously seasoned with salt, bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until tender. Drain.
When potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice them lengthwise into 1/2" slabs, arrange on a serving platter, buttering one side of each slide with some of the mayonnaise as you work. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and garnish with lemon zest, chives, bacon and blue cheese if using.
You'll also love
- Pork Chops with Marsala and... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Crawfish Bordelaise Sauce 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Orange Sherbet, Old-Fashioned 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Rhubarb Ginger Peach Muffins 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Garlic Chicken with Bow tie Pasta 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Veal Scalloppine with Lemon,... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- PC Deep Covered Baker Garlic... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- SCOTTISH BEEF AND POTATOES 4/5 (1 Votes)