Mushroom And Brie Quesadillas With Mango Papaya Chutney
- FRESH MANGO AND PAPAYA CHUTNEY:
- 8 ounces brie cheese cold
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound mixed fresh mushrooms thinly sliced (whites, crimini, shiitakes)
- 1 can mild green chilies - (4 1/2 oz) chopped
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 8 flour tortillas - (6" dia)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup diced fresh mango
- 1 cup diced fresh papaya
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped fresh jalapeño
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Cut Brie in 1/4-inch thick slices; set aside.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes; remove 1 cup for garnish; set aside.
To remaining mushrooms add green chilies, onion, garlic, salt and black pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and liquid evaporates, 3 to 4 minutes longer.
In a medium skillet over medium-high heat place 1 tortilla; spread a quarter of the mushroom mixture over the tortilla. In a single layer arrange a quarter of the Brie over mushrooms. Heat until cheese starts to melt, about 30 seconds.
Cover with another tortilla, pressing down lightly. Using a large spatula turn quesadilla; heat until cheese is melted about 30 seconds longer. Remove from skillet to a serving plate; cover to keep warm.
Repeat with remaining ingredients except chutney. Top quesadillas with reserved mushrooms. Cut in wedges and serve with Fresh Mango and Papaya Chutney.
Fresh Mango And Papaya Chutney: In a small bowl combine all ingredients.
This recipe yields 4 servings.