- (Serves 3)
- 1 tbsp cooking oil, divided
- 20 g butter
- 100 g pork belly (aka sam cham bak/3-layered pork/3层肉), cut to thin stripes (can substitute with bacon)
- 10 g dried salted fish, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- Half large onion, finely chopped
- 150 g piece of pumpkin flesh (without skin), cubed
- 3 portebello or shiitake mushrooms, cubed
- 1 1/4 cup of long-grained rice, washed and rinsed
- Water to cook the rice (ratio of about 1 cup rice to 1 1/4 cups of water – may vary with different rice cooker)
- 1 tbsp wolfberries
- coriander or mint leaves, for garnishing (optional)
Adapted from noobcook.com
1. Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in wok and fry pork slices until they are just cooked on the surface.
2. If you are using bacon, you do not need oil. Set aside the cooked pork/bacon.
3. Heat another 1/2 tbsp oil in wok and fry salted fish until golden brown. Add and melt butter to the remaining oil.
4. Add garlic, onions and stir fry for 30 seconds.
5. Add pumpkin, mushrooms and stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Add uncooked washed rice and stir fry until the onions are clear.
6. Transfer contents from the wok, together with the previously cooked pork and wolfberries, to the rice cooker.
7. Add water and set rice cooker to cook.
8. After rice is cooked, stir and gently mash up pumpkin using a rice paddle. Keep warm for a few minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fish with pesto and vegetables in... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Corn on the Cob 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Caraway Sweet Potato with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Yogurt-Zucchini Bread with Walnuts 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bulgar salad with arugula,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Pumpkin Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)