Mushroom 'Caviar' Spread
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives or parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 pound fresh white mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup finely-chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
Rinse, pat dry and finely chop fresh mushrooms (makes about 2 1/4 cups).
In a large skillet melt butter. Add onions; saute for 2 minutes. Stir in paprika; saute for 1 minute. Add mushrooms; saute for 5 minutes. Add lemon juice, salt and black pepper. Stir in sour cream and dill. Cook only to heat through.
Turn into a serving dish. Serve warm, sprinkled with chives, as a dip with crackers or black bread.
This recipe yields 6 servings.