Baby- Creamy Pumpkin Soup
great for whole family too!
- 16 ounces Pumpkin (canned or fresh pureed)
- 13.75 ounces Chicken Broth or Homemade Stock
- 1 Large Onion
- 2 Carrots (Wheels or Diced)
- 2 cups half and half or evaporated milk (sub. with yogurt if desired)
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Dash of Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/3 teaspoon( or less) Salt
1. In a large pot add, chicken broth, onions, carrot, baking soda, salt and pepper.
2. Simmer uncovered for ten to fifteen minutes until carrots are soft.
Optional: Put vegetable and broth into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Return to pot.
3. Add pumpkin and half and half or yogurt. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
Pour into soup crocks or soup bowls. Top with sour cream (optional)