BLT Bread Salad
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 2 cups)
From Cooking Light
8 points plus
Saturated fat: 6g
Monounsaturated fat: 6.4g
Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- 6 ounces French bread baguette, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Cooking spray
- 4 slices hickory-smoked bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Layer bread on a baking sheet; coat with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 18 minutes or until toasted.
3. Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan. Cut bacon into 1/2-inch pieces. Stir oil into bacon drippings in pan; remove from heat. Stir in vinegar, pepper, and salt.
4. Combine lettuce, tomatoes, and onions in a large bowl; drizzle with vinaigrette. Add bread; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese. Serve immediately.