Pincho Ribs with Sherry Glaze
- 1/2 cup smoked sweet paprika
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 4 racks of baby back ribs (8 pounds)
- 1 cup honey
- 3/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha chile sauce
- 2 dashes Angostura or other bitters
Preheat the oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix the paprika, salt, onion, garlic, crushed red pepper, cumin, coriander, black pepper and oregano; rub all over the ribs. Transfer the ribs to a large roasting pan and cover tightly with foil. Roast for 2 hours, until the ribs are very tender.
In a saucepan, whisk the honey, sherry, soy sauce, tomato paste, salt, Sriracha and bitters. Boil until reduced by half, 8 minutes.
Increase the oven temperature to 400°. Uncover the ribs and transfer to 2 large rimmed baking sheets. Let cool to room temperature. Cut the racks into individual ribs. Brush the ribs with the glaze and roast in the upper and lower thirds of the oven for 15 minutes, until richly lacquered; brush the ribs halfway through with the remaining glaze. Serve the ribs hot or warm.
MAKE AHEAD The recipe can be prepared through Step 2. Refrigerate the ribs and glaze separately. Bring the ribs to room temperature before proceeding.